What’s The Difference?
A used computer is a not-new computer you buy from someone. It’s been used and you buy it at your own risk. A refurbished computer is actually inspected, tested and repaired where necessary to ensure that it meets the quality standards of the manufacturer. So in a way, buying a refurbished computer is sort of like buying a new computer – just at a much better price!
What Are The Pros?
- Refurbished computers are much better priced than new computers, but they are tested for like-new functionality.
- They come with warranty, so there’s nothing to lose.
What Are The Cons?
- You cant custom-configure a refurbished computer, so make sure you pick all the features you want.
- They may not come with the original keyboard, mouse, monitor, that a new computer might come with.
- Software discounts for preloaded software may not be available, so make sure you read the description carefully.
Benefits of Buying A Refurbished Computer at Goodwill’s Computer Works:
- Both, refurbished desktops and laptops, available
- MACs and PCs
- Computer systems come with accessories (mouse, keyboard, and monitor)
- Systems are preloaded with Windows or MAC OS
- Includes a 30 day warranty for parts and labor (no software)
- Goodwill Computer Works offers repairs for out-of-warranty computers purchased from us at a nominal fee for labor/parts
- Every purchase supports Goodwill job training and employment services for people facing barriers to employment in Orange County
So if you’re thinking about a computer, think refurbished. And if you want to save a lot of money, even more than what you’d save on a manufacturer’s website, go to Goodwill Computer Works to buy a refurbished computer system. It’ll save you big; and after all, we’re all about savings!