Being more eco-friendly is a great goal and you don’t have to buy a CNG vehicle to leave a smaller carbon footprint on the planet. We’ve assembled several tips that you can integrate into your lifestyle by making some behavioral changes now. Bonus: A lot of them are healthier choices too.
- Buy less bottled water and use a safe PBA free container and refill it often. While you’re at it, drink from reusable travel mugs, so you can avoid Styrofoam and paper as much as possible.
- Drive less by planning your route and consolidating your trips.
- Use reusable shopping bags that provide a sturdier passage for your goods and can be used for years.
- Recycle everything you can. It’s easier that you think if you have sorting bins for paper, plastics, glass and aluminum and green waste. Many cities offer free compost soil if you really get serious.
- Cut down on water waste by not running water in the sink while you’re brushing your teeth.
- Eat less meat. It takes a lot of water and livestock produces a big carbon footprint.
- Cut down on paper waste by not printing out everything that comes across your desk and whenever possible do banking online.
Buy Green. Thrift store shopping is good for you, the environment and helps organization’s raise funds to serve the local community.